Here are some of the big events coming up in December. To add your event to our calendar, visit www.herald-dispatch.com/hdcalendar/ and click Add Event.
SUNDAY, DEC. 2
• Christmas Tour of Homes, Ashland. 1-5 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2. Tickets, $25. Hosted by Highlands Museum & Discovery Center. Call 606-329-8888.
• “A Christmas Story: The Musical,” Huntington High School’s Auditorium. 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2. Tickets, $12 adults and $10 ages 12 and under. Presented by First Stage Theatre Company.
• Winter Wonderland of Lights, Central Park, Ashland. Features more than 500,000 lights. Light display through Jan. 1. Visit Winter Wonderland of Lights Festival on Facebook for more scheduled activities.
• Harry Connick, Jr. A New Orleans Tricentennial Celebration ... Holiday Edition, 7 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2. Clay Center, Charleston. Tickets, $62-$118.
• Camden Park Presents Holiday Open House, 1-4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2. Huntington Museum of Art. Features holiday music and dance performances, a visit from Santa Claus, holiday shopping in the Museum Gift Shop, refreshments and children’s art activities. Admission is free, but please bring warm clothes for the Cridlin Food & Clothing Pantry and nonperishable food for the Facing Hunger Foodbank.
• Holiday Candlelight House Tours, 1-6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2. Varies, Huntington. Tickets are $15 before the event, $20 the day of the event (at the homes) unless you purchase one at our Holiday Gift Shop at Heritage Station. Tickets may be purchased at: The Red Door, Spurlock’s Flowers, Cabell-Huntington Convention Bureau in Heritage Station, The Wild Flower Gallery in the Market, Justice Supply, The Barboursville Business Bureau or contact Advocates Saving Adoptable Pets (ASAP) on Face book. All proceeds with go to vet the homeless animals at the CWA Animal Shelter.
MONDAY, DEC. 3
• Kenova Tree Lighting, 7 p.m. Monday, Dec. 3. Kenova United Methodist Church, Kenova. Featuring the Ceredo-Kenova Alumni Band.
TUESDAY, DEC. 4
• Lights of Love Celebration, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 4. Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital, Ashland. The event is free to the public and will begin at the hospital’s front entrance. The event will include refreshments following the tree
lighting. With a $5 donation a Christmas angel on the tree can be dedicated in honor or memory of a loved one. Proceeds benefit the foundation’s Patient Benevolent Fund. To purchase an angel for Lights of Love, call 606-833-4078.
• Gregory Porter, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 4. Keith Albee Theatre, 925 4th Ave., Huntington. Tickets, $30-$65.
• “The Nutcracker,” Joan C. Edwards Performing Arts Center, Huntington. 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, Dec. 7-8, and 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 9. Presented by Huntington Dance Theatre. Tickets, $20.
• Christmas Village, Heritage Farm Museum & Village, Huntington. 5-9 p.m. Dec. 7-8 and Dec. 14-15. Santa, live Nativity, wagon rides and more. Cost $10 adults and $5 kids. Park at Christ Temple Church on Johnstown Road for a free shuttle ride.
• Old Dominion’s Happy Endings World Tour, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7. Big Sandy Superstore Arena, Huntington. Tickets, $39-$62.
SATURDAY, DEC. 8
• Natalie Grant & Danny Gokey: Celebrate Christmas Tour, 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8. Paramount Arts Center, 1300 Winchester Ave., Ashland. Tickets, $24.50-$75. $75.
• Kindness Santa Event, 9 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 8. Huntington Mall, Barboursville. For children with disabilities. The mall music will be off and instead of waiting in line a sensory friendly play area will be set up for kids.
• West Virginia Symphony Orchestra: Sounds of the Season, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8. Clay Center, 1 Clay Sq, Charleston. With guest conductor Michelle Merrill. Tickets start at $17, and are available at wvsymphony.org or 304-561-3570.
• Merry Tubachristmas, 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8. Ariel Theater, Gallipolis. $10 to participate; registration at 10:30 a.m. Free admission to the concert.
• A Magical Holiday Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser, Saturday, Dec. 8. HIMG, Huntington. Mickey and Minnie will be dressed as Santa and Mrs. Claus. All-you-can-eat pancake breakfast complete with toppings. Seatings at 8:30 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. Tickets must be purchased in advance, $14-$22 on eventbrite.com. Proceeds benefit Children’s Place Inc.
• Breaking Benjamin and Five Finger Death Punch, 6 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8. Big Sandy Superstore Arena, Huntington. Tickets, $50-$80. $47.
• Crowbar, Byzantine and Cannabis Corpse, 6p.m.Saturday, Dec. 8. V Club, 741 6th Ave., Huntington. Tickets, $25.
SUNDAY, DEC. 9
• 98 Degrees at Christmas, 7 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 9. Clay Center, Charleston. Tickets, $41-$83.
MONDAY, DEC. 10
• “Junie B. Jones in Jingle Bells, Batman Smells,” 7:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 10. Paramount Arts Center, 1300 Winchester Ave., Ashland. Tickets, $15 adults and $10 students.
• Ohio University Community Band Christmas Concert, 6:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 10. Briggs Lawrence County Public Library, 321 S 4th St., Ironton. Free.
TUESDAY, DEC. 11
• Ceredo-Kenova Alumni Band concert, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 11. The Woodlands, Huntington.
THURSDAY, DEC. 13
• Trans-Siberian Orchestra 2018, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 13. Charleston Civic Center. Presented by Hallmark Channel. Tickets, $37-$67.
FRIDAY, DEC. 14
• Joy to the World with Bob Thompson featuring Paula Cole, 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 14. Culture Center Theater, Charleston. Ticket, $30 at wvpublic.org/joy.
• “The Nutcracker,” Clay Center, Charleston. 7:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 14, and 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15. Presented by the West Virginia Symphony Orchestra and the Charleston Ballet Inc. Tickets, $24 adults and $12 children.
SATURDAY, DEC. 15
• The Ashland Youth Ballet Presents “The Nutcracker,” 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15. Paramount Arts Center, 1300 Winchester Ave., Ashland. Tickets, $17 adult, $15 senior and student.
• Christmas in Narnia, the Ballet, 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15. Joan C. Edwards Performing Arts Center, Huntington. Presented by True Impact Dance and Performing Arts. Tickets, $16.
• “Ebenezer,” 4th Avenue Arts, Huntington. 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15, and 3:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16. Tickets on squareup.com.
• Huntington Symphony Orchestra: Holiday Concert Bluegrass Style, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15. Keith Albee Performing Arts Center, Huntington. Featuring The McClain Family Band. Tickets, $15-$45.
• Murder at the Opry., 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15. Milton Performing Arts Center, Milton. Presented by Murder and Merriment. Tickets, $42.
SUNDAY, DEC. 16
• Newsboys United Tour, 6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16. Big Sandy Superstore Arena, Huntington. Also featuring Peter Furler, Zealand, Adam Agee and more. Tickets, $28$48.
MONDAY, DEC. 17
• Ceredo-Kenova Alumni Band Community Concert, 7 p.m. Monday, Dec. 17. First Baptist Church of Kenova Family Life Center, Kenova.
THURSDAY, DEC. 20
• Movie Series: “The Polar Express,” 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 20. Paramount Arts Center, 1300 Winchester Ave., Ashland. Tickets, $10. Snack pack, $5.
• Bobaflex, 8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 20. V Club, Huntington. Tickets, $20.
FRIDAY, DEC. 21
• David Phelps It Must Be Christmas 20th Anniversary Tour, 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 21. Paramount Arts Center, 1300 Winchester Ave., Ashland. Tickets, $25-$40. A portion of the proceeds to benefit Amy for Africa.
SATURDAY, DEC. 22
• My Brother, My Brother and Me: Candlenights 2018 (with special guests TBA), 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 22. Huntington City Hall, Jean Carlo Stephenson Auditorium, 800 5th Ave., Huntington. Featuring Justin, Travis and Griffin McElroy. Proceeds go to Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Central West Virginia (http://www.biglittlewv.org/). Tickets, $30 on brownpapertickets.com.
THURSDAY, DEC. 27
• Dancing with the Stars: Live., 8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 27. Charleston Municipal Auditorium, Charleston. Tickets, $47 and up.
FRIDAY, DEC. 28
• Sound Checks: A Toast to 2018 with Emmalea Deal, 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 28. Clay Center, Charleston. Tickets, $18.50.
MONDAY, DEC. 31
• Bling in 2019, 8p.m. Monday, Dec. 31. Valley Park, 1 Valley Park Drive, Hurricane. Hosted by Valley Park and The Lead Group. Food, drinks, music, dancing and more with proceeds benefiting The Lead Group Foundation and The Friends of the Park Foundation. Tickets, $150. Visit eventbrite.com.