LEICESTER, Mass. (AP) — Authorities say two Leicester (LESS'-tuhr) residents have been taken to the hospital suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Fire Chief Robert Wilson says high levels of carbon monoxide in the home were caused by the use of a generator in the basement because the home's power was out.

He tells The Telegram & Gazette (http://bit.ly/10Redo8) that levels of carbon monoxide in the house had reached 1,150 parts per million. Authorities say 800 parts per million can become lethal within one hour.

The victims were described as a 44-year-old man and a 43-year-old woman, but their names were not made public.

Three dogs were also rescued from the home and they are in the custody of animal control.

___

Information from: Telegram & Gazette (Worcester, Mass.), http://www.telegram.com