Toddler Dies After Drinking Acid
HUTCHINSON, Kan. (AP) _ A toddler died of burns Wednesday after drinking from a jug of sulfuric acid at the greenhouse where his father works.
Logan Neufeld, 22 months old, had been taken to the greenhouse on Sunday by his father, Darcy Neufeld, sheriff’s Detective Judy Trujillo said.
``Mr. Neufeld was just going to check on some things like he usually did, that takes about 30 minutes,″ Trujillo said.
Logan wandered around and found a plastic jug of the acid, used at the greenhouse to lower the alkalinity of water, the officer said. The boy’s father found acid burns on the youngster’s face and chest.
No charges were filed.