Fire Chief to speak regarding service Zone FP-5 expansion
The Fire Chief of the San Bernardino County Fire Protection District (Mark Hartwig), is scheduled to present information at several community town hall meetings this week regarding the importance of expanding Service Zone FP-5.
The County Board of Supervisors, acting as the County Fire Protection District’s Board of Directors, recently voted 3 to 2 to expand Service Zone FP-5. As stated in the resolution, the FP-5 Service Zone expansion would include all territories within the jurisdiction of the Fire District that are not currently included. As of today, FP-5 encompasses Helendale, City of San Bernardino, Needles, Twentynine Palms, Upland, and San Antonio Heights. The extension of the boundaries of FP-5 will result in needed revenues to maintain current fire protection and emergency medical services within the District’s territories.
The following are the scheduled meetings for the week of August 6, 2018:
1. August 7, 5 p.m. - City of Grand Terrace, Council Chambers, 22795 Barton Road, Grand Terrace
2. August 8, 4 p.m. - Wonder Valley, Wonder Valley Community Center, 80526 ½ Amboy Road, Twentynine Palms
3. August 8, 6:30 p.m. - City of Yucca Valley, Yucca Valley Community Center, 57090 Twentynine Palms Hwy, Yucca Valley
4. August 9, 10 a.m. - Big River, Big River CSD Park, 150351 Del Rey Drive, Big River
5. August 9, 2 p.m. - Havasu Landing, Havasu Landing Fire Station 18, 148808 Havasu Lake Road, Havasu Lake, CA
The Fire Chief will highlight the facts and benefits of the Service Zone FP-5 expansion during his presentation. After the presentation, the Fire Chief and his staff will be available to answer questions from the attending public. All Community members are encouraged to attend these open meetings. For additional information regarding the Service Zone FP-5 expansion please visit www.sbcfire.org (after August 6, 2018).