Fed Cup: Japan and Britain 1-1 after opening day
MIKI, Japan (AP) — Johanna Konta has leveled Britain's Fed Cup World Group playoff against Japan with a 6-4, 6-2 win over Kurumi Nara on Saturday.
After taking a 3-0 lead in the second set, Konta broke Nara to lead 5-2 and then served for the win to level the playoff at 1-1.
Naomi Osaka, who claimed her first WTA title at Indian Wells in March, hit 11 aces to beat Heather Watson 6-2, 6-3 in the opening singles.
ANNAPOLIS, Md. - Wins at each of the top four singles positions propelled the Marshall women's tennis team to its first road win of the season Saturday, defeating the Navy Midshipmen 5-2 at the Tose Family Tennis Center at the Brigade Sports Complex.
PREP TENNIS: Model boys, Rockmart, Coosa move on to 2nd round of state
The first round of the Class AA state tennis playoffs featured strong showings for a group of local teams.
- The Herald-DispatchMU tennis beats Middle Tennessee 4-3March 17, 2019
- The Herald-DispatchHerd softball begins campaign with victory; tennis falls to LouisvilleFebruary 10, 2019
- The Herald-DispatchMU tennis to begin C-USA play vs. 49ersFebruary 3, 2019
- The Herald-DispatchKentucky tops MU in tennis season openerJanuary 18, 2019
- The Herald-DispatchMU tennis wraps up fall at C of C ClassicNovember 7, 2018