Dear Dave: Why don’t you recommend having short-term disability insurance while doing the first three Baby Steps of your plan? It seems like a good time for it, when you’re in the beginning stages of getting your finances in order. — Bob
Dear Bob: You could certainly do that if you want, ...
(BPT) - Age and chronic illness can take a toll. A June 2017 study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention finds that the costliest health conditions in the U.S. include: heart disease, cancer, arthritis, stroke and type 2 diabetes. An estimated 117 million people have one or more ...
5 questions about applying for disability benefits
(BPT) - Age and chronic illness can take a toll. A June 2017 study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention finds that the most costly health conditions in the U.S. include: heart disease, cancer, arthritis, stroke and type 2 diabetes. An estimated 117 million people have one or more ...
Seeking assistance is a good idea when applying for disability benefits
In past columns, I have encouraged people who qualify to learn about and apply for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits. The Social Security Administration has a strict definition of who is disabled. You must have an impairment severe enough to prevent you from doing substantial ...
Dear Answer Man, I know more than a few people who are on disability. What percentage of people in Olmsted County are on disability, and how does it compare to five or 10 years ago?
Excellent question, and it just so happens that I have some information at my fingertips.
First, some ...
NEW YORK (AP) — Thirteen current and former New York City employees have been arrested in a $500,000 insurance fraud scheme.
Authorities say 10 FDNY emergency medical technicians and paramedics, including EMS officers, and three NYPD traffic enforcement agents were arraigned Tuesday on ...
- Globe NewswireDALBAR Announces 2018 Insurance Service Award WinnersDecember 18, 2018
- BusinessWireBest’s Briefing: Paid Family Leave Offers New Growth Opportunities for InsurersOctober 23, 2018
- BusinessWireThe Standard Expands Availability of New Individual Disability Insurance Products to Four States and the District of ColumbiaJune 12, 2018
- BusinessWireThe Standard Introduces Individual Disability Insurance Products in New York and ConnecticutJune 5, 2018
- The DayAt State Capitol, a day to talk paid family leaveFebruary 15, 2019
- Watertown Daily TimesUnderstanding Insurance BenefitsFebruary 14, 2019
- Watertown Daily Times5 reasons why people apply for disability benefitsNovember 21, 2018
- Houston ChronicleAsk Rusty — Father seeks benefits for disabled adult sonNovember 4, 2018