NEW YORK (AP) — Fewer U.S. teens are smoking, having sex and doing drugs these days. Oh, and they're drinking less milk, too.
Less than one-third of high school students drink a glass of milk a day, according to a large government survey released Thursday. About two decades ago, it was nearly half.
Moron of the Morning: Man Nearly Dies After Chugging 25 Energy Drinks
A U.K. father of three who nearly died after drinking 25 energy drinks in six hours has called on them to be banned.
Seattle’s new tax on soda, sugary drinks takes effect Jan. 1
SEATTLE (AP) — Seattle's new tax on soda and other sugary beverages goes into effect Jan. 1, 2018.
The City Council in June approved a tax on the distribution of sweetened beverages such as Pepsi and Coke, sports drinks, energy drinks and other drinks. The tax excludes diet drinks.
Distributors would pay the tax of 1.75 cents per fluid ounce, but consumers are expected to see price increases.
Group pushes soda tax ballot measure in Multnomah County
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Soda tax supporters have started collecting signatures to put a ballot measure before Multnomah County voters.
KGW-TV reports (https://goo.gl/HmnPqB ) the Coalition for Healthy Kids and Education must collect about 18,000 signatures to place the proposal on the May 2018 ballot.
CHICAGO (AP) — Carbonated soft drinks and sugary fruit drinks are poised to cost most in Cook County starting July 1.
SEATTLE (AP) — The Seattle City Council on Monday approved a new tax on soda and other sugary beverages as way to raise millions for healthy food and education programs.
The ordinance calls for a tax of 1.75 cents per ounce to be paid by distributors of beverages such as Pepsi and Coke, sports drinks, energy drinks and other sweetened drinks. The tax excludes diet drinks.
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — A coroner says a 16-year-old South Carolina high school student who collapsed and died in a classroom had heart problems caused by drinking too much caffeine.
Richland County Coroner Gary Watts said at a news conference Monday that Davis Cripe drank a large Mountain Dew, a latte from McDonalds and an energy drink in the two hours before his heart fell out of rhythm at Spring Hill High School near Chapin on April 26.
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Voters in Oregon's most populous county might be voting on a soda tax this fall.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports (http://bit.ly/2o624dA ) that the health advocates behind the proposal must gather 17,381 valid signatures from Multnomah County voters to get the item on the November ballot.
Advocates for grocers, convenience stores, the state food bank network and the state Department of Public Health and Human Services spoke Wednesday in opposition to a bill that would prevent people who receive federal assistance to buy food from using those dollars to purchase energy drinks.
Borussia Dortmund chief executive not a fan of Leipzig
DORTMUND, Germany (AP) — Borussia Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke took another shot at Bundesliga leader RB Leipzig on Monday.
Leipzig, which was founded only seven years ago, beat Dortmund 1-0 in the second round of the season.
"We don't need this leader," Watzke said at a meeting of Borussia Dortmund stock holders. "But I tip my hat to their sporting performance."
1-cent-per-ounce sugary beverage tax proposed in Cook County
CHICAGO (AP) — Cook County President Toni Preckwinkle has proposed a budget that includes a penny-per-ounce tax on sugary beverages.
Preckwinkle unveiled her proposed $4.4 billion fiscal year 2017 budget on Thursday. She said in comments accompanying the proposal that the county has made strides at stabilizing its financial outlook. But, she says, closing the county's budget shortfall will still mean more revenue is needed.
- Globe NewswireRocky Mountain High Brands Makes History as the Sole Provider of CBD-Infused Beverages in Mexico and Welcomes Alejandro Montano Urdaneta, Director of International Business for CBD Life, to Its Weekly PodcastNovember 28, 2018
- Globe NewswireRocky Mountain High Brands Announces Meeting with RCH Grupo Executives in Mexico City and Delivery of Rocket High SamplesNovember 16, 2018
- Globe NewswireRushNet, Inc., Using the Robust Mineral Properties of its Ownership Interest in Deep Artesian Wells, Will Also Produce its Recently Trademarked KO™ and KOPunch™, Including a New Energy Drink with a Non-Caffeinated VersionSeptember 4, 2018
- Globe NewswireRocky Mountain High Brands Unveils Images of Private Label Cans and Announces Weekly PodcastAugust 2, 2018
- Globe NewswireRocky Mountain High Brands Announces Update on Private Label AgreementJune 11, 2018
- Today's News-HeraldLos Angeles Times: Is gulping soda as bad as smoking? California sure seems to think soMarch 6, 2019
- Sioux City JournalA beer and wine tasting for a good causeFebruary 14, 2019
- Connecticut PostProposed CT energy drink ban for kids would be first in nationFebruary 8, 2019
- The Spokesman-ReviewBuzz kill: Spokane schools trying to discourage students from ‘energy’ drinksSeptember 19, 2018
- Norfolk Daily NewsUnique Truck Stop Purchases by StateJune 26, 2018