Nuclear agency inspecting Maryland lab after contamination
GAITHERSBURG, Md. (AP) — The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has begun a special inspection at a facility in suburban Maryland following a worker's potential exposure to radioactive contamination.
A five-member NRC team began the inspection Tuesday after an incident last month when a glass ampule containing americium-241 —a radioactive substance — broke in a National Institute of Standards and Technology laboratory in Gaithersburg.
Dual-company project wins $500,000 in Head Health Challenge.
NEW YORK (AP) — A dual-company project has won a $500,000 grant in the NFL's third Head Health Challenge.
A collaborative team of materials designers led by Dynamic Research Inc., of Torrance, California, partnering with 6D Helmets, of Brea, California, was chosen by the NFL, GE, the U.S. Commerce Department's National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and Under Armour.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Dream on. Just make it snappier this weekend.
In most of the United States, you're on the clock to lose an hour's sleep Saturday night. The trade-off: gaining more evening light in the months ahead, when the weather warms and you want to be outdoors.
Daylight saving time officially was re-emerging at 2 a.m. local time Sunday.
- Business WireThe UNH-IOL Announces Pilot Program for IEEE 1588 Power Profile Certification TestingMarch 5, 2019
- ACCESSWIRECipherLoc Earns FIPS 140-2 Validation for Data Security and Encryption SolutionsMarch 4, 2019
- Business WireISARA Corp. Unveils Tools To Simplify and Accelerate Quantum-Safe Cryptography RolloutFebruary 21, 2019
- Business WireiProov’s World-Leading Genuine Presence Assurance Deemed State of the Art by NPLFebruary 7, 2019
- BusinessWireIxia, a Keysight Business, Achieves FIPS 140-2 Validation for Network Packet BrokersDecember 18, 2018