COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — How the top teams in the weekly Associated Press state boys football poll fared:
State lawmakers push for teen driving permits to last 1 year
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Sponsors of an Ohio bill that would increase the amount of time new drivers would be required to hold permits say they want to see it become law by year’s end.
Reps. Gary Scherer, a Circleville Republican, and Michael Sheehy (SHEE’-hee), an Oregon Democrat, recently ...
- Ill inmate suggests firing squad as execution alternative
- Judge: Inmate drug reaction wasn't enough to stop execution
- Condemned Ohio killer of 2 wants September execution delayed
- Child killer put to death in first Ohio execution in 3 years
- US Supreme Court denies stay of execution for Ohio convict
- Appeals court ruling opens door to Ohio resuming executions
- Ohio could have path to obtaining long-sought execution drug
- Ohio governor delays 9 executions as court fight continues
- Witnessing death: AP reporters describe problem executions
- New Ohio lethal injection process rejected by appeals court
- Death row inmates' lawyers want to witness other executions
- A look at the status of the death penalty in several states
- Hardaway, Knicks give Cavs 4th loss in 5 games, 114-95
- Nets overcome James' triple-double, beat Cavaliers 112-107
- Cavs' Dwyane Wade sidelined with bruised knee
- Tough millennial: Jaylen Brown could be Celtics' X-factor
- AP Interview: Wade wants to wear Heat jersey again _ someday
- It's done: Wade makes it official, signs with Cleveland
- Irving-Thomas deal continues NBA summer of blockbuster moves
- AP source: Cavaliers owner, Billups met for 2nd straight day
- Cavaliers watch NBA draft as Billups watch continues
- Cleveland Cavaliers players, coaches serve Thanksgiving dinner to young students (video)
- 'Shell-shocked' Pistons slapped around by LeBron, Cavs
- Cavaliers win 5th straight in 116-88 rout of Pistons
- Cleveland Cavs could remain in The Q through 2044, according to new lease
- Iman Shumpert, Teyana Taylor's reality show picked up by VH-1
- LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers meet Keenu Not on subway: 60-Second Know-It-All (video)
- LeBron James scores 31 points, Cavaliers top Hornets 115-107
- Hardaway hits late 3 to lift Knicks over Jazz 106-101
- Parents of Ohio student speak out against North Korea
- Parents of Ohio student speak out against North Korea
- US ban on travel North Korea kicks in, with few exceptions
- Americans fly out from North Korea before US travel ban
- US bans travel for Americans to NKorea after Warmbier death
- Hometown Mourners Remember Otto Warmbier
- Student detained in N Korea is mourned at hometown funeral
- Ohio Community Gathers to Honor Otto Warmbier
- US student freed by North Korea in a coma dies at age 22
- A look at baseball's greatest teams _ one for each franchise
- AP source: Mets tab Indians coach Mickey Callaway as manager
- Brantley has surgery, Indians weighing options on his future
- Indians' Encarnacion held out of Game 3 with sprained ankle
- Bullpen aces ready to follow Andrew Miller's lead this fall
- Indians overcome injuries to win Central, eye Series title
- 22 and through: Indians' AL record win streak stopped at 22
- Catch 22: Indians rally, win AL-record 22nd straight game
- LeBron James congratulates Indians on 21-game winning streak
- Roaring 20: Indians equal AL record with 20th straight win
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) — Montgomery VanGorder threw for one touchdown and ran for another, Tevin McCaster rushed for 176 yards and a touchdown and Youngstown State defeated South Dakota 29-17 on Saturday night.
The Penguins (3-4, 2-2 Missouri Valley Conference) cashed in on an ...
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — In just his second game back after a nearly 10-month absence, Corey Crawford showed he is already in top form.
Crawford stopped 37 shots to get his first win since late December, and Patrick Kane had two goals and an assist, as the Chicago Blackhawks beat the Columbus ...
Nicholas County 46, Independence 18
Steubenville Cath. Cent., Ohio 70, Madonna 6
Brown, Renacci spar again in 2nd Ohio US Senate debate
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Candidates in Ohio’s U.S. Senate campaign on Saturday argued in a second debate over different positions on taxes, immigration, gun control, climate change, the influence of money on politics and health care.
In opening remarks, Sherrod Brown, the two-term incumbent ...
KENT, Ohio (AP) — Kato Nelson completed a pass to Andre Williams for an 8-yard score in overtime and Akron’s defense stopped a 2-point conversion as the Zips beat Kent State 24-23 on a rainy Saturday to keep the wooden Wagon Wheel trophy for the fourth straight year.
Kent State had the ...
Murray State alone in first in OVC after beating EKU 34-6
RICHMOND, Ky. (AP) — Drew Anderson threw for two touchdowns and Murray State beat Eastern Kentucky 34-6 on Saturday to take over sole possession of first place in the Ohio Valley Conference.
The Racers (4-3, 4-0) are the only team unbeaten in conference play after Jacksonville State (5-2, ...
WEST POINT, N.Y. (AP) — Reeling after a late charge by Miami of Ohio forced overtime, Army regrouped and won again at Michie Stadium.
Darnell Woolfolk scored on a bruising 7-yard run up the middle in the second overtime, sophomore quarterback Cam Thomas rushed for 137 yards and one ...
ATHENS, Ohio (AP) — Nathan Rourke threw for four touchdowns on eight completions and Ohio defeated Bowling Green 49-14, spoiling the debut of interim head coach Carl Pelini on Saturday.
Pelini took over the Falcons (1-7, 0-4 Mid-American) this week after Mike Jinks was fired following a ...
Lauer leads the way in Drake’s 28-17 win over Dayton
DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — Drew Lauer had 28 carries for 140 yards and two touchdowns to lead Drake to a 28-17 win against Dayton on Saturday.
Drake (4-2, 3-1 Pioneer Football League) has won four of its last five, and the Bulldogs defense has surrendered just 13.4 points a contest over that ...
- Cleveland.comThousands in Northeast Ohio remain without power after serious Saturday stormsOctober 21, 2018
- Cleveland.comReeling Renacci 'Kavanaughs' Brown: Darcy cartoonOctober 21, 2018
- Cleveland.comOhio's fight against drug abuse is saving lives - if Issue 1 passes, more Ohioans will die: Maureen O'Connor (Opinion)October 21, 2018
- Cleveland.comOhio medical marijuana owners frustrated by state’s delays, eager to rollOctober 21, 2018
- Cleveland.comCordray, DeWine share goals in closing Ohio's skills gap: Pathways to ProsperityOctober 21, 2018
Robert Morris edges Division II Central State (Ohio) 49-45
MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. (AP) — Jimmy Walker threw for 162 yards and four touchdowns and Robert Morris beat Division II Central State (Ohio) 49-45 on Saturday.
RMU had 539 yards of offense, its most since 2001.
Freshman Alijah Jackson rushed for 153 yards and a touchdown and Terence ...
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Freshman Jaret Patterson rushed for two touchdowns in the fourth quarter as Buffalo rallied from 10 points down to defeat Toledo 31-17 on Saturday and remain undefeated in the Mid-America Conference.
Buffalo (7-1, 4-0) is off to its best start since the 1959 season and ...
WEST POINT, N.Y. (AP) — Darnell Woolfolk scored on a bruising 7-yard run up the middle in the second overtime, sophomore quarterback Cam Thomas rushed for 137 yards and one touchdown in his first career start, and Army held off Miami of Ohio 31-30 on Saturday.
Army (5-2) remained unbeaten ...
MORRISTOWN, Tenn. (AP) — More than 90 years ago, Richard Mihalek was born to single mother, who worked as a live-in maid in Cleveland, Ohio.
Over the ensuing decades, Mihalek, an only child, lived a remarkable life. Raised by extended family first in Cleveland, later in Wisconsin, he ...
Dick Modzelewski, a star defensive tackle who appeared in eight NFL titles game with the New York Giants and Cleveland Browns during the 1950s and ’60s, has died. He was 87.
He died Friday at his home in Eastlake, Ohio, outside Cleveland, the Giants said in a statement Saturday. No cause ...
Ohio woman 2nd person charged in daughter’s rape, slaying
ASHTABULA, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say an Ohio woman has become the second person charged in the rape and beating death of her 13-month-old daughter last year.
Ohio has 4 cases of mysterious illness striking children
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — State health officials say four cases of a rare, mysterious illness that can paralyze children have been confirmed in Ohio amid a jump in such cases nationally.
The Ohio Department of Health said Friday it has notified health care providers to be alert for and to ...
4 killed in car struck by pickup truck at Ohio intersection
ASHTABULA, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say four people inside a car struck by a pickup truck that failed to stop at an intersection have died in northeast Ohio.
The accident occurred late Friday in Ashtabula. The State Highway Patrol has identified the victims as 18-year-old Giovanni Miller, ...
Family holds out hope as FBI joins search for missing couple
ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio (AP) — The FBI has joined local law enforcement in the search for a couple who went missing earlier this year in eastern Ohio.
Brian Goff, 64, and Joni Davis, 55, were last seen June 10 leaving a Pizza Hut restaurant in Bridgeport, a village along the Ohio River. ...
- BusinessWireLCNB Corp. Reports Financial Results for the Three and Nine Months Ended September 30, 2018October 19, 2018
- BusinessWirePetSmart Opens The Groomery by PetSmart™ in Upper Arlington, OhioOctober 19, 2018
- BusinessWirePetSmart Opens The Groomery by PetSmart™ in Upper Arlington, OhioOctober 19, 2018
- BusinessWirePetSmart® Opens New Store in Lancaster, OhioOctober 19, 2018
Football teams find creative solutions to small numbers
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Behind Toledo Christian Schools, head football coach Andrew Skeels is taking his team through another practice.
As 11 players get ready to practice a field goal, four more players line up opposite them.
But the four aren’t some kind of scout defense — they’re a ...
Bluefield 49, Oak Hill 6
Bridgeport 28, Keyser 19
Buckhannon-Upshur 27, Brooke 14
Buffalo 61, Hannan 18
Byesville Meadowbrook, Ohio 50, Linsly 28
Cabell Midland 21, Huntington 7
Cameron 62, Beallsville, Ohio 6
Capital 64, Woodrow ...
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Browns defensive end Myles Garrett roughed up NFL officials.
The No. 1 overall pick unloaded on officials on Friday, criticizing them for several calls that have gone against Cleveland in recent weeks and swung momentum in their games.
“Do your job just like we ...
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A former Ohio State University football player has been acquitted of rape charges.
The Columbus Dispatch reports 25-year-old Bri’onte Dunn ...
AP Top Stories October 19 P
CINCINNATI (AP) — A 2-year-old boy with brain cancer who had an early Christmas celebration planned for him by his friends and family has died.
Student’s class essay about being raped sends man to prison
FREMONT, Ohio (AP) — A high school student’s writing assignment about overcoming obstacles in her life led to a man pleading guilty to raping her and two sisters years ago, authorities said.
Detectives in Sandusky County began investigating after school officials from Vanguard Tech Center ...
WEST POINT, N.Y. (AP) — Miami of Ohio coach Chuck Martin isn’t exactly looking forward to playing Army at Michie Stadium.
Call it the fear of the triple option.
“It’s a nightmare to try to defend,” Martin said. “It’s certainly a nightmare to try to defend for one week. There’s ...
No. 20 Cincinnati looks to stay perfect, faces Temple
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The important number for No. 20 Cincinnati in its first game as a ranked team is the line against Temple: 3½.
The Owls are 3½-point favorites against the undefeated Bearcats. The game will be played at Lincoln Financial Field, the Philly stadium where the Owls (4-3, 3-0 ...
Ohio woman charged with murder for leaving infant in hot car
ZANESVILLE, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio woman whose 1-month-old daughter died of asphyxiation last year has been charged with murder in the death of her 1-month-old son who authorities say was left in a car on a 90-degree day.
Some things to know about Ohio’s medical marijuana program
CLEVELAND (AP) — Ohioans sometime in the next two months will be able to buy and use marijuana products to treat nearly two dozen medical conditions after obtaining a recommendation from a physician. Here are a few things prospective patients should consider as the state’s medical cannabis ...
MARION, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say a woman has been killed and seven family members have been injured in a central Ohio house fire.
The Marion Fire Department says 61-year-old Nancy Harper was found unconscious in a hallway by firefighters early Thursday. She was pronounced dead a ...
Ohio: State employment numbers at all-time high in September
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — State officials say the number of people working non-farm jobs in Ohio hit an all-time high in September with more than 5.6 million people employed.
Ohio Department of Job and Family Services spokesman Bret Crow says Ohio added jobs at a 1.9 percent rate from ...
Jeff Brohm sees all sorts of challenges in No. 2 Ohio State.
Purdue’s coach knows the Buckeyes are big and strong, capable of scoring dozens of points and of making life miserable for opponents.
Urban Meyer views his team quite differently. No, he won’t quibble with the impressive ...
Ohio tests new clearance idea to sell off unwanted liquor
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio’s Division of Liquor Control is testing a new clearance store idea meant to offload unwanted liquor at a premium price.
The state opened its first Last Call store in Columbus Thursday for a test run through this weekend and next. The Columbus Dispatch
National Guard training center renamed for former president
RAVENNA, Ohio (AP) — A military training center in northeastern Ohio has been renamed for the United States’ 20th president.
The Ohio National Guard says its Camp Ravenna Joint Military Training Center in Portage and Trumbull counties was renamed Thursday as Camp James A. Garfield Joint ...
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The Columbus Blue Jackets had four days to stew after being pounded by Tampa Bay on the road last weekend. In the first period against Philadelphia on Thursday night, they didn’t look much better.
But the Blue Jackets shook off the malaise and used a three-goal flurry ...
Renacci didn’t properly report campaign flight costs
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Republican U.S. Rep. Jim Renacci traveled repeatedly aboard a Cleveland strip-club owner’s private plane during his run for Ohio governor without properly reporting the costs of those flights, according to an Associated Press review.
The AP identified about a dozen ...
Martin Luther King Jr.’s son dedicates new library branch
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The late Martin Luther King Jr.’s son has dedicated a new Columbus Metropolitan Library branch named for his father.
Martin Luther King III, King’s oldest son, cut the ribbon at the library’s opening event Thursday, almost 50 years after his grandfather dedicated the ...
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio man was sentenced to five years in prison Thursday for providing the gun used in a shooting that killed two police officers this year.
Prosecutors had sought the five-year prison term for defendant Gerald Lawson, saying Lawson knew that Quentin Smith, his ...
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Stopping the NFL’s top-ranked passing offense got more daunting for the Browns.
Starting cornerback E.J. Gaines will miss Sunday’s game at Tampa Bay because of a concussion, further challenging a Cleveland defense also without Pro Bowl linebacker Joe Schobert, who could ...
- Tagovailoa one of 5 Alabama midseason AP All-Americans
- Midterms! Who's hot so far in college football, CFP forecast
- Big Ten's best: Ohio State's Haskins and Michigan's Winovich
- Surprising Texas, Murray among Big 12's midpoint best
- Dabo Swinney, Ryan Finley among ACC's first-half winners
- 'Bama's Tagovailoa, LSU's Orgeron among SEC best in 1st half
- Power in North, chaos in South as Pac-12 reaches midseason
ELYRIA, Ohio (AP) — A former attorney serving 12 years in prison for hypnotizing unwitting female clients for his sexual gratification has been ordered to pay more than $2.3 million to one client.
No. 2 Ohio State (7-0, 4-0 Big Ten) at Purdue (3-3, 2-1), 7:30 p.m. ET (ABC)
Line: Ohio State by 13½.
Series record: Ohio State leads 40-14-2.
WHAT’S AT STAKE?
The Buckeyes are the Big Ten’s last remaining unbeaten team and need a win to stay atop the Big Ten East and in ...