Pacers put 2 players on waivers with regular season looming
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Indiana Pacers have placed Omari Johnson and Elijah Stewart on waivers.
The moves came less than a week before Indiana's regular season opener against Memphis.
Johnson is a 6-foot-9, 220-pound forward who made his NBA debut in 2017. The Oregon State alum did not appear any preseason games with Indiana.
Grizzlies sign Brooks, Johnson to multiyear deals
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — The Memphis Grizzlies have signed guard MarShon Brooks and forward Omari Johnson to multiyear contracts.
The Grizzlies also announced Friday that they have waived guard Marquis Teague.
Brooks originally signed a 10-day deal with the Grizzlies on March 27, and he averaged 23.3 points with 3.7 assists coming off the bench in three games. The 6-foot-5, 200-pound guard scored 70 points, the most by any player in franchise history over his first three games.
- The Journal GazetteMad Ants' plummet continues vs. NetsMarch 7, 2019
- The Journal GazetteMad Ants' slump continuesMarch 7, 2019
- The Journal GazetteIt's veteran's turn to carry AntsFebruary 26, 2019
- The Journal GazetteAlize Johnson shines again in Ants' victoryFebruary 2, 2019
- The Journal GazetteJohnson, Gray lead Mad Ants past ChargeJanuary 27, 2019