ATLANTA (AP) — Tom Smith hesitated to buy light bulbs guaranteed for up to 10 years, thinking they'd outlast him. Terry Langbaum debated filling a prescription for a $13,000-a-month drug that...
Editorials from around Pennsylvania
Editorials from around Pennsylvania:
PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN - BOYS AS WELL AS GIRLS - AGAINST CANCER WITH THE HPV VACCINE, Nov. 19
The human papillomavirus is sexually transmitted. And as the Inquirer reported, genital strains of that virus "are so ubiquitous that almost all sexually active people — not just promiscuous ones — will be infected at some point."
Nearly 80 million people — about one in four adults — now are infected with HPV in the U.S.
Enon Tabernacle Baptist conducts free medical screening at ‘Man Cave’
Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church's focus is on saving souls.
However, on Saturday during the church's annual Men's Health Initiative, the focus was on saving lives, which it may have done.
Well before the 12-hour event ended at 8 p.m., at least one man, who had suffered two strokes and a heart attack, found out he was dangerously close to having another potentially fatal heart attack, so he was rushed to Chestnut Hill Hospital for further evaluation.
Sam Wood, STAFF WRITER
As Philadelphia continues to reel from last year's 910 fatal drug overdoses, local officials, medical professionals and philanthropic organizations are considering a controversial idea: Opening special facilities where heroin users can inject drugs safely.
- Business WirePhysicians’ Education Resource® to Host 37th Annual Chemotherapy Foundation Symposium: Innovative Cancer Therapy for Tomorrow®May 9, 2019
- Globe NewswireFDA Grants CytoDyn Fast Track Designation for Leronlimab (PRO 140) in metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, an Unmet Medical NeedMay 7, 2019
- Globe NewswireCytoDyn Names Richard G. Pestell, M.D., Ph.D. as Vice Chairman of its Board of DirectorsJanuary 7, 2019
- BusinessWirePhysicians’ Education Resource® to Host Second Annual Precision Medicine Through Plasma: Using Liquid Biopsies in Contemporary Oncology CareNovember 28, 2018
- Globe NewswireJefferson and Teladoc Introduce First Telehealth FellowshipNovember 12, 2018