Check out these shoe-ins for fall
You may still be flip-flopping around in pool slides, but it’s the perfect time to step out in a new pair of shoes and be the first to kick off the fashion season ahead... yes, even with a killer pair of boots. Start checking out the latest shoe scene now.
• Check out the new architectural heels. This is definitely the year of the “heel,” and they’re the good kind. Look for sculptural angled heels to geometric cylindrical spikes to woodsy blocks to sparkling crystals. And don’t forget the ’80s disco platforms...for all those “Mamma Mia” fans out there. Here we go again!
• Check out the boot-scootin’ boots. Get ready to fall in love with this latest roundup of boots. The western cowboy boot is one of the favorites this fall, updated in midcalf versions with colorful embroidery, pointed toes and sculpted heels. Or you can rock fall with punk-inspired combat boots. Or go thighhigh with colorful plaids, chic animal prints or Victorian brocades. Trust me, you’ll want more than one pair.
• Check out the red-hot hues. Make sure you put a pair of red shoes or boots on your shopping list. The colors are bold and saturated. So, trade in your white sandals for crimson red suede pumps, neon green velvet slides or cerulean blue lacquered leather knee-high boots. Then pick up a pair of party shoes in futuristic silver with transparent plastic heels. Ooh la la!
• Check out all the decorative details. You don’t have to wait until the holidays to wear your “dress-up” shoes this year. With all the jewels, feathers, pearls, rhinestones, sequins and glitter, the twinkle toes will be hard to miss... and hard to resist. Add on some buckles and bows, and you’ve got even more of all that jazz. From kitten heel mules to stacked Mary Janes to soft suede ankle boots, it’s time to shine day and night.
• Check out the retro throwbacks. Fashion is always reinventing its past, and this fall is no different. From clunky Grandpa sneakers to ladylike sling backs and snakeskin pumps to two-tone saddle shoes and menswear brogues, the comeback kids are even more modern and cool...just in time for a new season only steps away.
To find out more about Sharon Mosley, and read features by other Creator Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators Syndicate Web page at www.creators.com.