AP NEWS
Click to copy
Click to copy

Minneapolis man charged in drive-by shooting that hurt girl

August 15, 2019

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A Minneapolis man is charged in a drive-by shooting that injured a 5-year-old girl sleeping in her home.

Twenty-seven-year-old Marquell Johnson was charged Thursday with dangerous weapons-drive by shooting. Johnson also is accused of possessing a firearm, which is he prohibited from doing.

Police were called early Monday to a downstairs duplex in north Minneapolis where a 5-year-old girl was shot in the foot.

The girl’s mother told police she was leaving home when she saw a car drive by and stop. The woman said she had a bad feeling because she recognized Johnson, the driver, as someone who knew people who lived in the upper duplex.

The mother heard gunshots, returned and found her daughter, who had been asleep, was struck by a bullet that passed through the wall.

All contents © copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.