Related topics

Maine woman dies from burns

September 10, 2013

BRUNSWICK, Maine (AP) — Officials say a Brunswick woman whose clothes caught on fire while cooking has died.

The Maine Fire Marshal’s Office said Tuesday that 91-year-old Harriet Soulen suffered serious burns while using her kitchen stove last week. She died overnight at Maine Medical Center.

Officials say Soulen was wearing a life alert device that notified a neighbor who came to help her. Fire damage to the house was confined to the kitchen and an entry way.

Update hourly