AP NEWS

3 people, dog taken to hospitals after Port Vue fire

July 29, 2018

Three people and a dog were taken to hospitals Thursday after a fire ignited in their Port Vue home.

The blaze was reported at 5:30 a.m. on the 800 Block of Elmwood Street.

No firefighters were injured.

Allegheny County Emergency Services Chief Matt Brown said a man escaped from the single-family dwelling, but a mother and her son, as well as a dog, had to be rescued by firefighters.

He did not provide their names or ages.

No smoke detectors were immediately found in the home, Brown said.

The county Fire Marshal’s office is investigating.

AP RADIO
Update hourly