AP NEWS

Lodgepole woman killed in trailer fire, cause determined to be space heater

December 19, 2018

A 70-year-old Lodgepole woman died Monday in a fire, Cheyenne County Attorney Paul Schaub released.

Schaub said that firefighters responded at about 12 a.m. Monday to a trailer home fire in Lodgepole. After the fire, responders located a body in the home.

The person found in the home was identified as 70-year-old Sandra K. Reichman, also known as Sandra K. Grabowski. An autopsy was done Monday, Schaub said, and the cause of death was ruled to have been caused by heat and smoke inhalation. The death was ruled to be accidental.

The Nebraska State Fire Marshal’s Office investigated the fire, finding that the origin of the fire was in the living room and caused by a space heater.

Responding agencies included the Cheyenne County Sheriff’s Office, Chappell and Lodgepole Volunteer Fire Departments, Region 21 Emergency Management, Regional West Medical Center Ambulance, and the Nebraska State Fire Marshal’s Office.

AP RADIO
Update hourly