Global Royalty Rate Trends in Pharma & Biotech Dealmaking (2014-2019) - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 2, 2019--The “Global Royalty Rate Trends in Pharma & Biotech Dealmaking (2014-2019)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report is your one-stop source for providing real-deal information on hundreds of transactions, including the technology licensed, royalty rates, license fees, upfront and milestone payments.
The report provides the reader with the following key benefits:
- In-depth understanding of royalty rate partnering deal trends since 2014
- Analysis of the structure of royalty clauses with numerous real life case studies
- Comprehensive listing of all partnering deals since 2014 where a royalty rate is disclosed, together with deal terms, value and press release
- Comprehensive access to actual partnering deal contracts entered into by the world’s life science companies where a royalty rate is disclosed
- Insight into the royalty terms included in a licensing agreement, together with real world clause examples
- Understand the key deal terms companies have agreed in previous deals
- Undertake due diligence to assess suitability of your proposed deal terms for partner companies
The report is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding of the royalty rate trends and structure of deals entered into by leading life science companies worldwide.
Global Royalty Rate Trends in Pharma and Biotech Dealmaking 2014-2019 includes:
- Trends in royalty rates in the biopharma industry since 2014
- Analysis of royalty rate clause structure
- Case studies of real-life licensing deals which disclose royalty rates
- Comprehensive listing of licensing deals which disclose royalty rates since 2014
- Access to licensing contract documents which disclose royalty rates
- The leading licensing deals by royalty rate value since 2014
- Most active royalty rate disclosures since 2014
Available deals and contracts are listed by:
- Company A-Z
- Headline value
- Therapeutic area
- Technology type
Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the actual deal record and where available, contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The report provides comprehensive access to available contract documents for licensing deals. Analyzing actual contract agreements allows assessment of the following:
- What are the precise royalty rates granted?
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How are sales and payments audited?
- What is the deal term?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sub-licensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
Key Topics Covered
Chapter 1 - Introduction
1.1. What are royalties?
1.2. History of royalty rates
1.3. Royalties in pharma and biotech
1.4. Royalties versus revenue share
1.5. Overview of the report
Chapter 2 - An overview of pharma and biotech royalty rates
2.1. Trends in royalty rates 2014-2015
2.2. Royalty rate disclosure in pharma and biotech
2.3. How do revenue shares figure?
2.4. A review of recent literature
2.5. Royalty rates in the future
Chapter 3 - Average royalty rates for pharma and biotech partnering
3.1. Royalty rates in early stage deals
3.2. Royalty rates by stage of development
3.3. Royalty rates by therapy area
Chapter 4 - The royalty clause in pharma and biotech deals
4.1. Partnering agreement structure
4.2. Structure of a typical royalty clause
4.3. Example royalty clauses
4.3.1. Case study 1: Merck Serono-Opexa Therapeutics
4.3.2. Case study 2: Aradigm - Grifols
4.3.3. Case study 3: Forect Laboratories - Trevena
4.3.4. Case study 4: Sage Therapeutics - University of California
Chapter 5 - Companies actively disclosing royalty rates
5.1. Fifty most active companies in disclosing royalty rates
5.2. Top partnering deals by royalty rate
5.3. The role of bigpharma and bigbiotech in royalty rate disclosure
5.2. Top partnering deals by royalty rate
Chapter 6 - Royalty rate contract directory
6.1 Explore royalty rates within the deal contract document to gain greater insight
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/jz0jxp
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190502005699/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH BIOTECHNOLOGY PHARMACEUTICAL
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/02/2019 01:04 PM/DISC: 05/02/2019 01:04 PM