Injury Postpones Douglas’ Fight
LAS VEGAS (AP) _ Former heavyweight champion James ``Buster″ Douglas hurt his hand in training, forcing the postponement of his Oct. 11 fight against John Ruiz.
A spokesman for promoter Top Rank Inc. said the entire fight card at the Mohegan Sun casino in Uncasville, Conn., has been called off.
Douglas injured ligaments in his hand while training at his farm in Johnstown, Ohio, spokesman Lee Samuels said. Douglas had been looking for his seventh straight win in his comeback attempt.
Samuels said the fight would likely be rescheduled for early December.