Paper lantern blamed for brewery rooftop fire
BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — Firefighters say a stray paper lantern likely sparked a fire on the rooftop of a Vermont brewery.
Firefighters were called to the fire at Zero Gravity Brewery in Burlington around 3 a.m. Tuesday.
Burlington Fire Battalion Chief Jared Grenon says they were able to contain the fire within 15 minutes, but it left a 15-foot hole in the roof.
No injuries were reported.
The brewery said in a Facebook post it is closed Tuesday so employees can attend an annual retreat.
It is unclear if it will reopen Wednesday.
Fire crews say someone had lit and released paper lanterns from a nearby park before the fire, which is in violation of city ordinances.