Florence County home damaged by Wednesday fire
FLORENCE, S.C. -- A home off North Cashua Drive was damaged by a fire that started in the home’s laundry room.
West Florence firefighters responded to a home on Briarcliff Drive about 1:30 p.m. and arrived to find area of the home around the laundry room on fire, said Dwight Mobley, public information officer for the department.
Firefighters arrived within minutes and were able to quickly limit fire damage to that area of the home, though the entire structure suffered smoke and water damage.
Mobley said everybody was able to safely escape the home and no injuries were reported as a result of the fire.
Though no cause of the blaze had been determined, Mobley cautioned residents to make sure that dryer lint didn’t build up around the dryer and the vent.
The home had working smoke detectors, he said. He also urged residents to make sure their home also had working smoke detectors.
City of Florence firefighters and medics with Florence County EMS also responded to the blaze.