AP NEWS

Couch catches fire at house, woman hurt

April 1, 2019

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — Firefighters say a couch caught fire at a house in New Hampshire, injuring a woman and killing a pet cat.

Firefighters say the woman suffered non-life-threatening injuries in the fire Sunday afternoon in Concord.

A second cat was found inside the house. Firefighters said they used a specially designed pet oxygen mask to resuscitate the cat. The animal was brought to an emergency veterinary services center and was reportedly doing well.

Crews quickly put out the fire.