AP NEWS

Officials: Improperly disposed fireworks caused house blaze

July 5, 2018

WOONSOCKET, R.I. (AP) — Fire officials in Rhode Island say improperly disposed fireworks caused a blaze that damaged an apartment.

WJAR-TV reports firefighters responded to the Woonsocket home around 3:30 a.m. Thursday. The fire was contained.

Officials say eight people in the apartment house were able to escape uninjured.

The state fire marshal says fireworks against the back of the property caused the fire. He says fireworks should be put in a bucket of water to ensure they’re completely extinguished.

___

Information from: WJAR-TV, http://www.turnto10.com

AP RADIO
Update hourly