Related topics

Woman’s Suicide Accidentally Kills Roommates

June 12, 1990

PEORIA, Ariz. (AP) _ Carbon-monoxide seeped into a condominium and killed two roommates of a woman who committed suicide by shutting herself in the garage with her car’s engine running, authorities said.

The bodies of Ruth M. Goran and her roommates were discovered Friday night after Ms. Goran’s daughter, who had traveled from Las Vegas to get married, got no answer at the home and called police, Sgt. Jim Flonacher said Monday.

The deaths of the roommates, Claude R. Hillhouse, 42, and Gordon Gear, 32, were ruled accidental.

″I’m sure she didn’t mean to take two with her,″ said Hillhouse’s nephew, Scott Hillhouse.

″She wasn’t suicidal,″ said Ms. Goran’s daughter, Karen McLaughlin, 29. ″She was real happy. We were looking forward to holding the reception at her home. We were going to bring everything over Friday night.″

She said Hillhouse was her mother’s boyfried.

Update hourly