11th Annual State of the City Sugar Land slated for Feb. 28
The Fort Bend Chamber of Commerce will host the 11th annual State of the City Sugar Land Address on Thursday, Feb. 28.
The even will be held with lunch being served at 11:30 a.m. at the Sugar Land Marriott Hotel and Conference Center at 16090 City Walk, at the corner of U.S. Highway 59 and State Highway 6.
The luncheon will be highlighted by the presentation from Sugar Land Mayor Joe Zimmerman and City Manager Allen Bogard. According to a news release from the Chamber of Commerce, the accomplishments of 2018 and goals for 2019 expected to be highlighted include:
• Sugar Land’s efforts to improve mobility and connectedness.
• The focus on keeping Sugar Land safer, evidenced through the city’s historically low crime rate and sustained investments in facilities and infrastructure, including drainage.
• The city’s efforts to listen to the community by leveraging technology to enhance citizen engagement.
• Economic and tourism initiatives that help provide the high level of services that Sugar Land citizens expect while maintaining one of the state’s lowest tax rates
• Sugar Land’s “AAA” bond rating, a reflection of the city’s strong financial position that allows the city to improve its quality of life, while at the same time minimizing our residents’ tax burden
• The city’s champion workforce that consistently exceeds the high expectations of the Sugar Land community and positions the City to effectively respond to new opportunities.
“The Governmental Relations Division provides Chamber members with access to local and state government officials, promoting the understanding of current legislative issues and giving the business community an opportunity for input,” the chamber reported. “This division provide a forum for discussion of relevant legislative matters, updates members on key issues and provides leadership on legislative agendas. During election years, the division conducts community candidates forums for municipal, school, and county elections that provide a fair and unbiased opportunity for attendees to understand the qualifications, positions of the candidates and the key issues of the election.”
Sponsorships for the event are still available, including:
• Presenting Sponsor - $2,500 (includes table of 10, LOGO on all marketing materials and recognition at event).
• Underwriter Sponsor - $1,000 (includes table of 8, NAME on all marketing material, and recognition at event).
• Corporate Table of 8 - $650.
Individual reservations are $35.
Contact Matthew Ferraro at 281-491-0277 or email@example.com to make reservations. You can also RSVP online at www.FortBendChamber.com