Homeowner torches house while trying to burn weeds
Sep. 04, 2018
BRUNSWICK, Maine (AP) — Maine fire officials say a homeowner accidentally torched her house while attempting to burn away weeds with a torch.
The Brunswick Fire Department says the woman contacted them Monday morning after the side of her house caught fire. The Portland Press Herald reports the homeowner and multiple pets made it out of the home without injury.
Fire Capt. David Hunter says the fire was extinguished quickly and damage was confined to the front portion of the building.
Firefighters from Topsham and Freeport assisted Brunswick firefighters at the scene.
Information from: Portland Press Herald, http://www.pressherald.com