2 people hurt in fire, explosion at Providence house
Jan. 18, 2018
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Two people have been injured following a house fire and explosion at a Providence residence.
Fire officials said the Thursday morning fire started sometime before 9 a.m. and appears to have been caused by an extension cord. The fire eventually spread to two propane tanks on a second-floor porch that exploded.
Witnesses reported flames and heavy smoke pouring out of the home. The exploding propane tanks blew out windows and the flames affected nearby homes.
Fire official said the building is considered a total loss.
The residents hurt in the blaze sustained minor injuries and were treated at the hospital. They are expected to recover.