Donations pour in for Delaware child paralyzed in shooting
Jul. 06, 2018
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — The family of a boy who was shot in the head by a stray bullet and paralyzed last year has received a string of donations.
The News Journal of Wilmington reported Friday that Shaylynn Banner-Hackett and her son Jashown recently received a new $37,000 wheelchair-accessible van. The family has also received donations of clothing, diapers, wipes and hundreds of dollars.
Jashown returned to his Delaware home from the hospital earlier this year after months of rehabilitation. Jashown, then 6-years-old, was shot while in a stopped car with his mother and sister in June 2017. He was paralyzed and suffered brain damage.
Banner-Hackett says he can now move his neck and eyes. She says the family now plans to make a trip to the zoo and aquarium before the summer ends.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com