Top earning private college presidents in 2012
The Associated Press
Dec. 07, 2014
According to the Chronicle of Higher Education, the top 10 earners among private college presidents in 2012 were:
1) Shirley Ann Jackson, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, New York, $7.1 million(asterisk)
2) John L. Lahey, Quinnipiac University, Connecticut, $3.8 million
3) Lee C. Bollinger, Columbia University, New York, $3.4 million
4) Amy Gutmann, University of Pennsylvania, $2.5 million
5) Charles R. Middleton, Roosevelt University, Illinois, $1.8 million
6) Susan Hockfield(asterisk)(asterisk), Massachusetts Institute of Technology $1.7 million
7) David W. Leebron, Rice University, Texas, $1.5 million
8) John E. Sexton, New York University, $1.4 million
9) Marc Tessier-Lavigne, The Rockefeller University, New York, $1.4 million
10) Richard C. Levin(asterisk)(asterisk), Yale University, Connecticut, $1.4 million
(asterisk)A large portion of Jackson's compensation in 2012 came from the pay out of nearly $5.9 million that had been set aside over 10 years as a retention incentive.
(asterisk)(asterisk)As of June 2012, no longer president at that institution.