Authorities ID woman killed in house fire in Sand Creek
Nov. 10, 2017
SAND CREEK, Wis. (AP) — Authorities have identified a woman who died in a house fire in Sand Creek.
The Dunn County Sheriff's Office says 69-year-old Kathleen Johnson was the victim of the fire Monday night. An autopsy concluded she died of carbon monoxide poisoning due to smoke inhalation.
Authorities determined that the fire started near a wood-burning fireplace, but the exact cause wasn't determined due to the extent of the damage.