Trial scheduled for man accused of killing 5-month-old boy
Jul. 25, 2017
BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) — A trial is set for early next year in the case of a Montana man who is facing a deliberate homicide charge for the death of a 5-month-old boy.
The Bozeman Daily Chronicle reports (http://bit.ly/2vY0Fqi ) Branden Moss was charged in October for the 2015 death after an examination showed the child suffered blunt force trauma to his head and neck.
Moss, who had been staying in the hotel with the child, the mother and her two other children, told officers the baby started crying so he tried burping him.
Police said Moss' behavior was suspicious and he seemed cold, nonchalant and unattached to the baby's predicament. An autopsy later showed the baby died of blunt force injuries.
Moss pleaded not guilty. His lawyer, John Hud, called the evidence against Moss "at minimal, debatable."
Information from: Bozeman Daily Chronicle, http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com