Maryland teenager who died of alcohol poisoning had fake IDs
Jan. 09, 2018
BETHESDA, Md. (AP) — Police say a Maryland teenager found dead of alcohol poisoning in a frigid stream had two fake driver's licenses that indicated he was old enough to buy alcohol.
Navid Sepehri of Bethesda died after a party last month.
The Washington Post reports that Montgomery County police also said Monday that a bottle of vodka was found in his pocket.
Sepehri's father found his son's body on Dec. 10.
The family has raised questions about where he got alcohol and whether police could have done more when they talked with him outside the party.
Police said in a previous statement that the teen appeared to be drunk, but was not taken into custody. Police have indicated that Sepehri and his friends said they were waiting for rides home from their parents.