Forest Service, state of Arizona split $14.6M wildfire bill
Jul. 27, 2017
GOODWIN, Ariz. (AP) — The cost of an estimated $14.6 million in damage caused by an Arizona wildfire is being split between the U.S. Forest Service and state.
The Daily Courier reported (http://bit.ly/2vc2ALj ) earlier this week that the state covered about 44 percent of the ground resources cost and the Forest Service covered the remaining 56 percent. For air resources, the state covered 49 percent and the Forest Service covered about 51 percent.
The most expensive part of putting out the fire was aircrafts, costing about $4.6 million. The hourly rate of operation for the air tankers used on the fire is about $8,500.
Denny Foulk, Yavapai County Emergency Manager, says about $807 million worth of personal property was threatened by the fire.
Information from: The Daily Courier, http://www.dcourier.com