STOCKHOLM, Sweden (AP) _ Fire broke out in a Stockholm department store crowded with Christmas shoppers today after someone poured gasoline on a lower floor. At least two people were injured.

Police said they arrested one person in connection with the fire, the Swedish news agency TT reported.

The store faces Hoetorget square, directly across from Stockholm's main concert hall. Firefighters closed the square, which has about 20 covered stalls for vendors of produce, leather and woolen goods.

One of the injured was taken to a hospital and treated for smoke inhalation. Details on the injury to the other person were not immediately known.

The fire was declared extinguished about 45 minutes after the alarm sounded.