OTTAWA (AP) _ A 15-year-old Canadian charged with stabbing five people at his school on the first anniversary of the Columbine shootings appeared in court Wednesday and had his bail hearing postponed a week.

The boy, who had a bandage on his left wrist and a cast on his right arm, said nothing, while his parents sat behind him, their hands clasped on their laps.

Canadian law prohibits identifying the youth, his parents or the victims.

The boy has been charged as a juvenile with one count of attempted murder, five counts of assault with a weapon, one count of mischief and one of possession of a deadly weapon.

Police said further charges were possible.

``There has been new information which has come to light. I can't get into the specifics of it,'' Det. Kal Ghadban said outside the courthouse.

Police indicated last week that there was evidence the youth had planned the attacks to coincide with the April 20 anniversary of the shootings at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colo., where two students killed 13 people before turning their guns on themselves.

The stabbings began at about 11:21 a.m. _ the exact same time of day that the Columbine shootings started.

Ghadban said Wednesday the prosecution would likely seek a psychiatric assessment of the suspect before the bail hearing. He has been described by other students as a loner who was teased about his acne and thick, curly hair.

Four students and a laboratory technician at Cairine Wilson high school in the Ottawa area received minor injuries in the stabbing attacks. The suspect allegedly slashed his own wrists before turning the knife over to the school principal.