MONTREAL (AP) _ The Montreal Expos rejected a proposal from the Colorado Rockies on Monday to move a four-game series from Olympic Stadium to Denver to help raise funds for victims of last week's terrorist attacks.

Rockies owner Jerry McMorris, citing an ``opportunity for some significant fund-raising,'' proposed the idea to baseball commissioner Bud Selig.

But a team spokesman said the Expos rejected the plan and instead would contribute money for the victims, although not necessarily from ticket revenue.

Tickets have already been sold for the series, which runs Thursday to Saturday and falls in the middle of a 10-game homestand for the Expos.

McMorris said that under his proposal, the Expos would be reimbursed for their expenses and the rest of the revenues generated by the four additional games at Coors Field would be given to charities involved in the relief effort.

In the week before the terrorist attacks in New York and Washington, the Expos drew three crowds of fewer than 3,900.

``We would draw between 30,000 and 40,000 here, compared to 3,000 there,'' McMorris said. ``It's an opportunity for some significant fund-raising, whereas in Montreal the crowds have been predictably very small.''

Other reports said the Rockies were also concerned about security in Montreal.

Expos vice president David Samson released a statement saying security has been tightened at Olympic Stadium.

``We can assure players from all visiting teams, including the Rockies, that we've implemented security measures as required by Major League Baseball and we have even exceeded them,'' Samson said. ``Our main concern is the safety of all fans and players.''