Oregon children left home alone unhurt in gas explosion
Jul. 31, 2018
LA GRANDE, Ore. (AP) — Oregon police say a 4-year-old and a 2-year-old survived an explosion that happened when they were left alone and tried to make popcorn in a microwave located above a gas range.
The children were taken to a hospital for evaluation and found to have no injuries.
Their parents Stephen and Clarissa Seed were arrested after Sunday's explosion on neglect charges. The Observer newspaper reports they posted bail. It's unknown if they have a lawyer.
The explosion blew out a front window and tore apart a back door. The children fled and took refuge inside a parked vehicle.
Police say the parents told investigators they had been looking for a lost dog for two hours. The dog was at the house when responders arrived.
The children were taken into protective custody.
Information from: The (La Grande) Observer, http://www.lagrandeobserver.com/