Fire at Amazon facility in Delaware causes $1K in damage
Mar. 22, 2018
MIDDLETOWN, Del. (AP) — Authorities say an accidental fire at an Amazon warehouse in Delaware resulted in an estimated $1,000 in damages to stock selection of product.
Delaware State Assistant Fire Marshal Michael Chionchio told WDEL-FM that the Tuesday night fire was caused by static electricity igniting leaking vapor from a container of assorted aerosol cans in the Amazon Fulfillment Center's processing area.
Although fire crews responded, Chionchio says the facility's sprinkler system extinguished the flames. No one was injured.
Information from: WDEL-FM, http://www.wdel.com/