Slain woman's estate wins $100M award against her killer
Oct. 25, 2017
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — The estate of a North Carolina woman who was killed in 2014 has been awarded $100 million in a wrongful death lawsuit against her killer.
Adam Arthur, the attorney for Joyce Price Eaton's estate, told news outlets that a judge made the announcement in Guilford County Superior Court on Monday.
Anthony Clay Campbell pleaded guilty to shooting, beating and cutting Easton's throat. He then left her body in a McLeansville ditch. Campbell was sentenced to life in prison without parole. Guilford County Sheriff BJ Barnes said that Eaton and Campbell had been in a relationship for a few months.
Arthur says Campbell has 30 days to appeal the judgment, and if no appeal has been filed in that time, there will be an attempt to collect funds.