North Carolina headmistress indicted in underage sex case
May. 16, 2018
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — The headmistress at a North Carolina school has been indicted in a case involving a former teacher who's accused of multiple sex crimes with an underage student.
Police told local news outlets 55-year-old Nancy Beth Errichetti of Raleigh was charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor and aiding and abetting taking indecent liberties with a child. Errichetti is the head of Montessori School of Raleigh.
The former teacher, 36-year-old Nicholas Conlon Smith of Raleigh, has been booked on several charges stemming from an incident between 2011 and 2012, and another incident in August 2015.
Earlier this month, former students filed a lawsuit against Smith, Errichetti and the school.
Indy Week reports the indictment says Errichetti had knowledge of inappropriate behavior and failed to act.