Judge blocks contact with juror in Hernandez murder case
Jun. 22, 2015
BOSTON (AP) — A judge is barring both sides of the completed Aaron Hernandez murder case from contacting one of the jurors who convicted the former New England Patriots star tight end of a 2013 killing.
The order follows concerns from a Hernandez lawyer that the juror might have been "untruthful" during jury selection. Lawyer James Sultan said in earlier court records he received an anonymous tip that the juror had been present for a discussion about a separate Boston double-murder case Hernandez is also charged in.
Sultan said the defense would have asked that the juror be excused if it had known.
The judge's order prohibits all direct or indirect contact with the juror.
Hernandez was sentenced to life in prison without parole for killing Odin Lloyd in North Attleborough.