INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Latest on the fatal shooting of an unarmed black motorist by Indianapolis police officers (all times local):

5:40 p.m.

Indianapolis Mayor Joe Hogsett says he has asked the police chief to expedite an internal review into the actions that led to the fatal shooting of an unarmed black motorist by two police officers.

Hogsett released a statement Tuesday after a special prosecutor decided not to file criminal charges against officers Michal Dinnsen and Carlton Howard. Forty-five-year-old Aaron Bailey was shot June 29 after he crashed while fleeing a traffic stop. Special prosecutor Kenneth Cotter says he found insufficient evidence to refute the officers' claims of self-defense.

Hogsett says he has asked Police Chief Bryan Roach to gather all evidence from Cotter's investigation and any other available materials to begin the internal review. Hogsett says he asked for an expedited review so "an administrative decision can be rendered as quickly as is responsible."

___

5 p.m.

The daughter of an unarmed black motorist fatally shot by two Indianapolis police officers says she feels slapped in the face by a prosecutor's decision not to file criminal charges against them.

Erica Bailey said during a news conference Tuesday she feels let down by the investigation and believes the decision signals to police officers that it's OK to kill someone when they're scared.

Authorities say officers Michal Dinnsen and Carlton Howard shot 45-year-old Aaron Bailey after he crashed into a fence and tree while fleeing from a traffic stop on June 29. Special prosecutor Kenneth Cotter says he found insufficient evidence to refute the officers' claims of self-defense.

Erica Bailey encouraged people to attend an evening rally in downtown Indianapolis to protest the decision. She says she wants it to remain peaceful.

___

4:30 p.m.

The FBI says it is continuing its civil rights investigation of the fatal shooting of an unarmed black motorist by two Indianapolis police officers.

Indianapolis FBI special agent in charge Jay Abbott says the agency is working with Justice Department officials to determine whether the federal civil rights of 45-year-old Aaron Bailey were violated when he was killed on June 29.

Abbott's statement comes after a special prosecutor announced Tuesday that officers Michal Dinnsen and Carlton Howard won't face criminal charges for the shooting. Special prosecutor Kenneth Cotter says he found insufficient evidence to refute the officers' claims of self-defense.

Authorities say Bailey crashed into a fence and tree after fleeing from a traffic stop. Dinnsen and Howard then approached the vehicle and fired.

Bailey's family has sued the city, alleging excessive force.

___

3:50 p.m.

A prosecutor is citing the claims of self-defense by two Indianapolis police officers for his decision to not file criminal charges against them in the fatal shooting of an unarmed black motorist.

Special prosecutor Kenneth Cotter says he found insufficient evidence to refute the officers' claims that they feared imminent injury or death when they shot 45-year-old Aaron Bailey on June 29.

Authorities say Bailey had been pulled over for a traffic stop on June 29 when he suddenly drove off. After a short chase, Bailey crashed into a fence and tree. Officers Michal Dinnsen and Carlton Howard then approached the vehicle and fired.

Bailey's family has sued the city, alleging excessive force. The lawsuit states the officers fired at least 11 shots at Bailey and four bullets struck him in the back.

___

3:30 p.m.

Two Indianapolis police officers won't face criminal charges for the June shooting death of an unarmed black motorist.

The decision announced Tuesday by a special prosecutor comes after the family of 45-year-old Aaron Bailey sued the city in September, alleging excessive force.

Authorities say Bailey had been pulled over for a traffic stop on June 29 when he suddenly drove off. After a short chase, Bailey crashed into a fence and tree. Officers Michal Dinnsen and Carlton Howard then approached the vehicle and fired.

The lawsuit states the officers fired at least 11 shots at Bailey and four bullets struck him in the back.

Police said no gun was found at the scene, but they have provided no details on what prompted the officers to shoot.