2018 Survey of Small and Medium Sized Businesses - ResearchAndMarkets.com
Sep. 04, 2018
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 4, 2018--The "2018 Local Pulse Report - Key Highlights" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Local Pulse Report contains results from the publisher's ongoing survey of small and medium sized businesses (SMBs). This 7th edition report takes a comprehensive view of how SMBs are marketing their businesses, the technology they are using, their future expectations, what they want out of marketing service providers, and it explores the behaviors/trends that are influencing their decisions as business owners.
Executives, senior leaders, marketers, executives, or anyone working in the small business space can utilize information in this report to refine their approach to these businesses, adjust product or service offerings or help their salesforce better understand the challenges and opportunities the SMB marketplace presents.
Key Topics Covered:
1. SMB OUTLOOKS & ADVERTISINGSales & Economic Outlooks Marketing Budget Outlooks Top Challenges to Growth Percentage of Expenses Allocated to Marketing Size of Budgets Promotional / Marketing Methods Used (Over 60 Different Types) Changes to Marketing Plans Reasons for Changes in Investments Top Growth Areas SMB Media Mixes Traditional vs. Digital
2. MEDIA CATEGORIESPrint Yellow Pages Internet Yellow Pages Newspapers Radio Direct Mail Online Video Coupons Email Marketing Social Media Outdoor Media Mobile Advertising Online Display Paid Search SEO Websites
3. PERFORMANCE & WEBSITESMeasuring Program Performance- Key Metrics Key Measures by Business Type Usage of Tools / Technology for Performance Measures Top / Most Effective Promotional Methods Used Website Penetration by Size, Type, and Budget Size of Business Top Media SMBs Plan to Start Using the Next 12 Months Do It Yourself vs. Do It For Me Website Businesses Mobile Optimized / Ready Websites Website Update Frequencies Top Areas SMBs With Websites Need Help With Satisfaction Level Of Website Providers
4. SOCIAL MEDIA PROGRAMSSocial Media Usage by Business Size, Type & Tenure Forms of Social Media Used Expectations From Using Social Media Paid vs. Unpaid Social Media Usage Challenges With Using Social Media Social Buy Button Usage SMB Perceptions Of Social Buy Buttons Percentage Of SMBs That Have Ratings and Reviews Ratings & Reviews Impact on Sales
5. TECHNOLOGY & STRATEGIESPercentage of SMBs with Mobile Strategies Ability to Accept Mobile Payments Percentage of Sales From Online / Mobile Transactions Marketing / Sales Technology / Tools Used Marketing / Sales Technology / Tools SMBs Will Start Using in Next 12 Months Biggest Challenges With Digital Marketing Top Areas SMBs Need Help With
6. PARTNERS & FUTURE IMPACTNumber of Providers SMBs Currently Work With Importance of Having A Sales Rep Visit On Site Preferred Timing of Sales Contacts Preferred Method Of Sales Contacts Working With Several Providers vs. Single Source What Would Make SMBs Try New Digital Solutions Preferred Purchase Options: Bundle vs. A La Cart Do It Yourself vs. Do It For Me Technology That Will Have Biggest Impact Over next 2-3 Years
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8npm7m/2018_survey_of?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180904005869/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY SMALL BUSINESS MOBILE/WIRELESS SOCIAL MEDIA PROFESSIONAL SERVICES COMMUNICATIONS MARKETING
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 09/04/2018 04:46 PM/DISC: 09/04/2018 04:46 PM