College student dies from acute alcohol intoxication
Jul. 27, 2017
HAMPDEN SYDNEY, Va. (AP) — Officials in Virginia say a Hampden-Sydney College freshman found in a dorm room died from acute alcohol intoxication.
Jeannette Collins with the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner says 18-year-old Harrison Carter Cole's death has been ruled an accident. Authorities say Cole was found dead about 9 a.m. on March 25. Further details relating to his death have not been released.
The Richmond Times-Dispatch reports that Cole was a member of Alpha Chi Sigma, a professional fraternity focused on chemical sciences.
The fraternity's CEO, Jonathan Wenzel, says the chapter at the school was suspended on July 15. Wenzel would not comment on whether the suspension is related to Cole's death.
The college said it also would conduct an inquiry into Cole's death.
Information from: Richmond Times-Dispatch, http://www.timesdispatch.com