1 person injured in fire on 52nd floor of Chicago tower
Feb. 18, 2018
CHICAGO (AP) — Authorities say a man was seriously injured in a fire that broke out on the 52nd floor of Chicago's former John Hancock Center.
The Chicago Fire Department says the fire was reported in a condominium about 5 a.m. Sunday and was contained to that unit. Emergency crews rescued the man from the condo and took him to a hospital in serious condition.
No other injuries were reported and the fire's cause wasn't immediately determined.
The 100-story building is the fourth-tallest in Chicago at 1,128 feet and has condos from its 44th the 92nd floors. The building's owner removed the John Hancock name from it last week as the insurer decided to have its name removed from the tower it hasn't occupied for many years.