Chief: Abandoned hot dogs caused South Carolina house fire
Dec. 28, 2017
YORK, S.C. (AP) — Officials say unattended hot dogs caused a South Carolina house fire that injured two firefighters.
Chief Domenic Manera tells the Herald of Rock Hill that the York Fire Department got a call about a fire at a duplex just after 11 p.m. Tuesday. He says two firefighters were hit with falling debris when the roof of the porch collapsed. Both were treated at hospitals for muscle injuries and released.
Manera says the fire was caused by unattended hot dogs left cooking on a kitchen stove in the rear of the two units of the duplex.
No residents were hurt in the fire, but five people from two families have been displaced. Authorities are still investigating.
Information from: The Herald, http://www.heraldonline.com