Woman dies in Maine house fire
Mar. 10, 2014
LIMINGTON, Maine (AP) — The Maine state fire marshal's office has released the name of the woman killed in a house fire in Limington.
Authorities say 52-year-old Ingeborg Young was the only person home at the time of the fire Monday morning.
The state medical examiner's office says Young died from smoke inhalation. The fire marshal says her body was found near the front door and it appears she was trying to escape when she was overcome.
The fire marshal says there was not a working smoke detector in the apartment — the battery had been removed recently when it began beeping.