Apartment resident suffers severe burns in kitchen fire
Aug. 30, 2018
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a man suffered severe burns during a fire at his western Iowa apartment.
The Daily Nonpareil reports that Council Bluffs police and firefighters were dispatched around 10:20 a.m. Wednesday. They found the injured man outside his home, and he was taken a hospital in nearby Omaha, Nebraska. His name hasn't been released.
Acting Assistant Fire Chief Mike Godbout says investigators suspect the fire resulted from a cooking accident. The apartment sustained minor damage.
Information from: The Daily Nonpareil, http://www.nonpareilonline.com