%mlink(STRY:; PHOTO:; AUDIO:%)

HONG KONG (AP) _ Two days after the offices of its Taiwanese edition were raided by officials who seized thousands of copies, the publisher of Next Magazine said Friday that the magazine hadn't been banned and its operations were back to normal.

``The business of the Taiwan branch office has been operated as usual,'' said Next Media Ltd., controlled by Hong Kong media tycoon Jimmy Lai, in a legal announcement placed in local newspapers.

Taiwanese officials raided the Taipei offices and printing house of the Next Magazine on Wednesday and seized 160,000 copies of the March 20 issue, which reported on secret government funds allegedly used by former Taiwanese President Lee Teng-hui. The move sparked worries about Taiwanese press freedoms.

Next Media said that no ban has been imposed on the March 20 issue and that least some copies were distributed on Wednesday evening as scheduled.

The company ``does not expect there will be material adverse impact on the business operation and financial position of the company and its subsidiaries,'' Next said.

The Taiwanese version of the Next Magazine was an instant hit when it appeared in Taipei last year. Both the Hong Kong and Taiwan versions of the weekly are known for paparazzi-style reporting and exposes of gangsters, celebrities, politicians and business leaders.