CAIRO, Egypt (AP) _ Moslem extremists may have provoked the riots last week that killed 36 people and injured 321, the new interior minister was quoted as saying in an interview published Tuesday.

President Hosni Mubarak ordered the relocation of the Central Security Force camps where the mutiny was spawned.

In an interview with the semi-official al-Ahram newspaper, Maj. Gen. Zaki Badr was quoted as saying Moslem extremists involved in the 1981 assassination of President Anwar Sadat may have penetrated the Security Force.

The interior minister said documents found in the possession of a leading member of ''Holy War,'' an Islamic fundamentalist group, indicated the organization's inability to penetrate the Security Force at the time of Sadat's slaying was one reason the government wasn't overthrown.

Officials have said the papers were found sometime ago in the possession of former Lt. Col. Abboud el-Zomor, who had served as an army intelligence officer. El-Zomor is serving a 25-year prison sentence for involvement in the Sadat killing.

The al-Ahram interviewer asked Badr about those reports, and said the minister agreed with them.

Bard was quoted as saying authorities also detected some attempts by unspecified political groups to penetrate the Security Force in an effort to destabilize the country and overthrow the government.

''It is hard to believe that it happened accidentally or by a mere hearsay especially if we noted that the conscripts took to the streets and attacked tourists hotels and other targets at a significant timing,'' he said.

The mutiny erupted last Tuesday at six police camps, mainly near the Great Pyramids just outside of Cairo.

Rioters burned down three luxury hotels and several nightclubs. The mutineers, joined by some Moslem fundamentalists, looted stores and stormed a prison releasing 1,200 prisoners before army troops moved in and quelled the violence.

Badr said 900 of the freed prisoners have been captured.

The government has said the revolt was sparked by a false rumor claiming the service of Security Force conscripts, who earn about $4 a month, would be extended from three years to four.

No serious incidents were reported Monday in Cairo, and Defense Minister Abdel-Halim Abu-Ghazala said a curfew in effect since Wednesday would be lifted ''within the next few days.''

He said army troops ''are being regrouped preparatory to their return to their barracks.''

Prime minister Aly Lutfy said earlier that the curfew would remain in force until Friday or Saturday.

The dusk-to-dawn curfew in Cairo is to be relaxed Tuesday from 6.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.

Public schools and universities were ordered closed until Saturday. The Interior and Education Ministries also requested that foreign schools in Cairo remain shut until the weekend.

The Danish Embassy said its diplomats had found charred human remains in the bath of a hotel room rented by an elderly Danish woman reported missing since the riots. The hotel, Holiday Pyramids, was set afire by the mutineers.

Danish officials said the remains had not been identified. If they prove to be those of the missing tourist - identified as Anne Pedersen, a woman in her mid-70s - she would be the only foreigner reported killed in the rioting.

Three French tourists were hospitalized with injuries sustained in the riots.

Badr said Mubarak has ordered the government to consider relocating the camps outside Cairo and other big cities without affecting security requirements.

''we have actually began the preparation for that,'' Badr said. There are 110 camps throughout the country. Only 17,000 members in six camps out of the total 282,000 conscripts joined the rebellion.

In an earlier interview with the weekly Mayo, Badr said the government will not disband the Central Security Force but will study improvements in the living conditions of conscripts. ''There is no alternative to it,'' he said.

Badr, a former governor of Assiut, on Friday replaced Ahmed Rushdy who resigned because of the uprising.