The Latest: Mother of teen in alleged massacre seeks justice
Jul. 17, 2017
MINEOLA, N.Y. (AP) — The Latest on the arrests of suspects in the suspected MS-13 gang killings of four young men on Long Island. (all times local):
The mother of one of four men found massacred in an alleged MS-13 killing on Long Island last April says she's demanding justice.
Bertha Ullaguari spoke to The Associated Press on Monday after it became public that three men identified as members of the violent street gang MS-13 have been charged in the killings of her son, Jorge Tigre, and three others.
Tigre was an 18-year-old student at Bellport High School when he was slain.
An indictment charging three men in the killings was unsealed Monday in a Long Island court. The suspects were arrested last week.
Ullaguari says she has not heard from police about the arrests.
She says she did not recognize the names of any of those charged in the killings.
Attorneys for the suspects have not commented publicly on the charges.
Federal prosecutors have quietly unsealed an indictment saying three members of the MS-13 street gang were among those responsible for the April massacre of four young men found hacked to death in a Long Island park.
The indictment identified the defendants as Alexis Hernandez, Santis Leonel Ortiz-Flores and Omar Antonio Villata.
A federal prosecutor declined to comment, saying any information released about the case would jeopardize an ongoing investigation.
Court records say the charges were unsealed Thursday.
The four victims were found brutally slain near a soccer field in a park in Central Islip. They were identified as a 16-year-old, a 20-year-old man and two 18-year-olds, including one visiting from Florida.
An attorney for Ortiz-Flores declined to comment. It was unclear whether the other men had attorneys.